Cyber Crime Investigators play a crucial role in eCommerce companies, audit firms, banks, IT companies, Government, police, enforcement & military agencies agencies and manufacturing companies.
We live in a world where everything seems to be getting hacked - not just laptops, smartphones & websites but also cars, aeroplanes, ships, drones, self aiming rifles, ships, CCTV cameras, medical devices, bitcoin wallets, smart-watches and more...
The ASCL Certified Cyber Crime Investigator + course prepares you to handle cases involving digital evidence and cyber trails.
Cyber Crime Investigators are an integral part of:
- Information Security teams,
- Incident Response teams,
- Fraud Control teams.
These teams are crucial in eCommerce companies, audit firms, banks, IT companies, Government agencies and manufacturers.
Cyber Crime Investigators are also required by police, enforcement and military agencies.
Cyber Crime costs the world more than Rs. 57,000,000,000,000 every year. Companies and Governments need skilled cyber crime investigators to contain this US $ 114 billion annual cost.
The 25 skills every cyber crime investigator must have
- Basic Web Programming skills.
- Working knowledge of Web Technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of Web Hacking.
- Effective suspect interviewing skills.
- Thorough understanding of documentation.
- Sound knowledge of the relevant law.
- Practical knowledge of phishing tools, techniques and counter-measures.
- Strong knowledge of the working of Virtual Payment Systems.
- Understanding of financial instruments and concepts.
- Basic understanding of forensic accounting.
- Practical knowledge of Fraud Investigation.
- Practical knowledge of investigating Bitcoin & other crypto-currencies.
- Strong understanding of malware incident prevention & incident response
- Thorough practical knowledge of the Dark Web.
- Strong practical knowledge of email investigation.
- Thorough practical knowledge of Server Log analysis.
- Strong practical knowledge of browser forensics
- Thorough understanding of Social Media Forensics.
- Thorough understanding of the Google Ecosystem & its Forensics.
- Strong working knowledge of forensic technologies.
- Understanding of the ISO/IEC 27037 standard.
- Basic working knowledge of cyber security.
- Working knowledge Cryptography & Steganography.
- Strong practical knowledge of password recovery & forensics.
- Updated knowledge of the latest cyber attacks around the world.
As per Ministry of Human Resources Development estimates - India needs 2.5 lakh cyber experts and professionals to effectively tackle cyber crimes. (Source: Times of India Feb 10, 2011).
This course was launched in February 2002. In the last 13 years it has been completed by 1000s of participants including:
- Police Officers,
- Lawyers & law students,
- IT professionals & Engineering students,
- Chartered accountants & CA students,
- Company Secretaries & CS students,
- Tax & other Government officials,
- Military personnel,
- Management Professionals,
- Commerce Graduates and students.
The ASCL Certified Cyber Crime Investigator + course was launched in February 2002. In the last 13 years it has been completed by 1000s of participants.
This course has 24 modules:
- Cyber Crime - Global Scenario
- Web Technologies
- Web Programming
- Web Hacking & Investigation
- Suspect Interviewing
- Documentation & Legal Issues
- Virtual Payment Systems
- Investigating Financial Crimes
- Forensic Accounting
- Fraud Investigation
- Bitcoin Forensics
- Dark Web
- Email Investigation
- Investigating Server Logs
- Browser Forensics
- Social media forensics
- Google ecosystem & forensics
- Forensic Technologies
- Cyber Security Fundamentals
- Cryptography & Steganography
- Password Forensics
- Real World Case Studies