The latest version of this course is available at:
The recent changes to the Indian cyber law framework have brought in the need for Information Technology Act Compliance Audits. To equip our students to handle such compliance audits we have created the the Advanced Executive Program in Cyber Security, Audit & Compliance program.
Importance of Cyber Security, Audit & Compliance
The recent new rules enacted under the Information Technology Act have created stringent liabilities for almost all industry sectors.
Section 43A of the Information Technology Act has defined reasonable security practices and procedures to be followed by those possessing, dealing or handling sensitive personal data or information.
Negligence in implementing and maintaining reasonable security practices and procedures may make a person liable to pay damages. It is interesting to note that the Act originally capped compensation claims at Rs 1 crore under section 43. This cap has now been removed. Compensation claims upto Rs 5 crore are now handled by Adjudicating Officers while claims above Rs 5 crore are handled by the relevant courts.
Section 72A provides imprisonment upto 3 years and fine upto Rs 5 lakh for disclosure of personal information in breach of a lawful contract.
IT Act compliance is essential for almost all sectors of the economy including the healthcare sector, finance sector, education institutions, Outsourcing secor, Hotel industry, eCommerce companies, retail industry etc.
About the program
This course is offered by Asian School of Cyber Laws (ASCL) in association with Data64 Techno Solutions Pvt Ltd (incubated by Science and Technology Park, a STEP promoted by Department of Science & Technology, Government of India).
On successful completion of the program, you will be empaneled as an IT Act Compliance Auditor with Data64.
On admission, you will receive:
- Courseware & reference material in printed form.
- Courseware & reference material in electronic form.
- 1 year access to the Data64 Digital Learning Platform.
- Membership to the Asian Professionals Network (Asian ProfNet)
On course completion, you will receive:
- CSAC Competency Card.
- DEA Competency Card.
- ITACA Competency Card.
- Customized visiting cards.
- Limited license to use ASCL and Data64 logos.
- Membership to Cyber Security, Audit & Compliance Group
On completion, you will get 6 certifications from ASCL & Data64:
1. Program in Information Security Essentials
2. Program in Advanced Cyber Security Concepts
3. Certified Digital Evidence Analyst
4. PG Program in Cyber Law
5. Certified IT Act Compliance Auditor
6. AEP in Cyber Security, Audit & Compliance
Note: This course is no longer available.
This page is maintained only for archival purposes.