The latest version of this course is available at:
ASCL Certified Digital Evidence Analyst course has been launched in classroom and distance mode by Asian School of Cyber Laws. This is the first & only course of its kind in the world.
This advanced level, career oriented course is based on industry inputs and features comprehensive course material.
On completion of this course, the participant will get 4 certifications:
1. ASCL Certified Cyber Crime Investigator [Regular fees Rs. 20,000]
2. ASCL Certified Digital Evidence Analyst
3. Data64 Certified Cyber Forensics Professional [Regular fees Rs. 20,000]
4. Data64 Program in Information Technology Law [Regular fees Rs. 9,000]
The Data64 certifications are from Data64 Techno Solutions Pvt Ltd (incubated by Science & Technology Park), an initiative of Department of Science & Technology, Government of India.
This course provides excellent career opportunities in the following fields:
- Compliance Department
- Vigilance Department
- Fraud Control Department
- Computer Forensic Investigator
- Assisting Law Enforcement Agencies
- Assisting Lawyers in Digital Evidence Cases
- Expert Testimony in Court Cases
- IT Security
What is Digital Evidence Analysis?
Digital Evidence Analysis involves the collection, investigation and analysis of digital evidence.
This digital evidence may be found in computer hard disks, cell phones, ipods, pen drives, digital cameras, CDs, DVDs, floppies, computer networks, the Internet etc.
Digital evidence can be hidden in pictures (steganography), encrypted files, password protected files, deleted files, formatted hard disks, deleted emails, chat transcripts etc.
Digital evidence can relate to online banking frauds, online share trading fraud, source code theft, credit card fraud, tax evasion, virus attacks, cyber sabotage, phishing attacks, email hijacking, denial of service, hacking, divorce cases, murder cases, organized crime, terrorist operations, defamation, pornography, extortion, smuggling etc.
What does a Digital Evidence Analyst do?
* Performs forensic analysis of digital information using standard computer forensics & evidence handling techniques.
* Uses forensically sound procedures to identify network computer intrusion evidence and identifies perpetrators.
* Employs forensic tools and techniques to identify and examine malicious files.
* Employs forensic tools and techniques to crack file and system passwords.
* Detects steganography and recovers deleted, fragmented and corrupted data from digital media of all types.
* Observes proper evidence custody and control procedures.
* Documents procedures and findings in a manner suitable for courtroom presentation and prepares comprehensive written notes and reports.
For details visit: